02 October 2008

Aurora and the kids...

We were concerned that Aurora is due any day and not looking pregnant. So, we went to have an ultra sound done. She is not pregnant!! She is having a slight fake pregnancy, because her uterus is slightly swollen, but no pups! Her and Magnus only tied once so we weren't that surprised. We will probably try again in the spring. When the vet told us I could see the huge disappointmet in Vic's face, however, I sighed a little bit of relief because I wasn't quite ready for puppies anyway.
The kids and I met Vic at the vet in the truck with Aurora. And Vic came straight from work in the car. On our way home from the vet, we stopped at Chick-fil-a for dinner. Vic went inside by himself because Aurora was in the truck with Daniel. And I sat in the car with Allaunna and Caitlynn keeping an eye on everyone. While Vic was inside I looked over to the truck and saw Daniel hanging out the window with his hand over his heart saying the "Pledge of Alliegance". I was so proud I almost started crying. I asked him where he saw an American Flag because he was facing away from the one in front of Chick-fil-a. I said, "You should be facing the flag when you say that." He said, "I know, I am. There is one way over there!" I looked behind us and there in the middle of this huge parking lot in front of a strip of stores was this very small flag, looking like it was all alone in a huge space. And my son saw it and new that he should say the "Pledge" to it. Now I'm not sure if he understands the "Pledge" and what it means, but we will have that conversation. It just makes me thankful that I am able to have my kids attend a school that still appreciates this country and what it was based on!! May God continue to Bless our Nation and let us all pray for our civic leaders to guide this country in His ways!!

1 comment:

The Tall Girl Cooks said...

Go Daniel! What a great kid - you know it's because he has a great mommy. :o)