13 October 2008

Fun filled weekend...


This weekend was a wonderful family experience for us. We started off Friday evening by joining Vic at a high school football game he had to go to for work (he had to man the army's rock wall). Caitlynn loved watching the cheerleaders and Daniel found some new friends to play "tackle" with. It was interesting being around teens and scary at the same time that I will soon be facing teen issues in our own family. AAAAHHHHH!! Time goes way to fast, so I will cherish every innocent moment I can with my children while they are young!

Saturday we woke up and went to the Pettit Farm for fall festival. We started off with the petting zoo, where the children were able to feed a CAMEL!! After watching the children continually wipe animal slobber onto their clothes, I was grateful when their food ran out. They had had enough too though. Then it was waiting for the ponies to be ready to ride. We came back to that. We checked out the blacksmith and "THE PONIES ARE READY!!!" So, Caitlynn actually got a pony, Daniel got the donkey (oh well). They loved it! Mom and Dad really let loose this family trip, especially since Mom is such a penny pincher!!
We watched a man work some leather, making pictures onto billfolds and such. Then Caitlynn and Daniel were each allowed to get an airbrushed tattoo. Like I said, Mom and Dad really let loose!We scanned the rest of the craft booths, had some wonderful cheese sticks and other goodies, and picked out a couple of pumpkins. It was a really good morning. We came home and Vic had a pretty long conversation with someone who came to pick up his motorcycle to get it into good working order. His all around want list for his bike quadrupled. Then he took Aurora to the vet.

After he came home he got a little taste of one of my days. I had gone to a friends house for a couple hours for a scentsy party and was able to talk Vic into keeping all three kids. Amazingly he did not call once. I had told him however, almost as a bribe, that if he watched all three of them I would let him go to the Legion for a few hours. So, when I returned home, he was all about taking me up on that offer after having to hold Allaunna almost the entire time I was gone and hearing her scream for quite a while near the end of it all or the beginning (I'm not sure which he said). All in all it was a very positive day with good memories.

Sunday, the children and I went to church. We hung out at home and enjoyed one another's company.

This morning, Vic and I slept in (other than me getting the kids on the bus) and then got up about 9:30 and ran errands. We got a little Christmas shopping in and took care of some other things like a broken laptop and a wedding ring that didn't fit (his). We made it home just before the kids got off the bus. I then got another chance to be alone to get a hair cut (6 inches whacked off!). I feel a ton lighter though. We sat around for a couple of hours and then Vic said he was bored. I suggested to go to a movie and thankfully my mom was available for babysitting. THANK YOU MOM (AND SIS, cause she usually has to deal with the kids too!)! I am so grateful to live near family once again. We went and saw "Appaloosa", very good movie (if you like westerns). I always eat too much buttery popcorn when we go to the movies though. So, now my tummy isn't feeling so hot.

Last weekend was very depressing for me and I was not acting very positively towards my family. I decided during the week to find articles on the LDS website to answer questions in my mind. It's amazing how the Lord works, if we will knock and then do our part to walk through the door when it is opened unto us. I have sat many days just wondering many things, too lazy to seek for answers. It's so amazing what can be revealed if we just ask and then seek. My attitude was changed to a more positive one and I have seen over the past week and over the weekend how it has also effected my family in a positive way. I am grateful for my faith and the love I know that Heavenly Father and Christ have for me, even through my more negative moments. I am thankful for my husband in allowing me to act on my faith when it is most needed in my life. His support is very important to me and I love him very much for it.

4 comments:

Price Family Adventures!!! said...

Look like you had so much fun. It always nice to get out by your self. Have a wonderful day!!

Wendy said...

What a great way to spend time with your family. I just love Fall festivities! I'm glad I was able to see you on Saturday! Did Vic like the warmer choice??? haha

Vic and Marion said...

I didn't tell him which one I wanted and he picked the Brownstone too!

Wendy said...

That's great...SCORE! I'm glad a perfectly good Scentsy warmer won't have to be thrown out the window! :)
By the way, I don't think I told you that I started a blog also. The URL is http://familyatplay.blogspot.com