26 September 2008

Today's events...

This morning I woke up a little later than I wanted to. I woke both of the older children up to go to school. I went downstairs finally after getting myself dressed and began to make their lunches. Caitlynn came down complaining that her throat hurt. So, I had her open her mouth and showed her how to stick her tongue out so I could see in her throat. She stuck her tongue out and as I'm looking down her throat we both kind of laughed. She went over to the table and sat down and said, "Atleast I got you to smile this morning!" So, we began a short discussion on why mommy doesn't smile a lot in the mornings. (All those hectic, stressful mornings with more things to do than there is time!) But it really made me think. Then Daniel came down and complained about Caitlynn putting the milk away before he could pour some for his cereal. Although, he took forever getting downstairs anyway, so he had no reason to get mad at her.



Ok, I didn't get to finish this entry when I wanted to, so you know my memory has decreased after three kids. Pretty much, I wound up going to get a billion towels, ok only about a dozen, for the puppies we are expecting. Then I came home and I wasn't in the door two minutes when the school nurse called. She had Caitlynn in her office because she had been complaining of a headache all day. I got Caitlynn on the phone and sh decided that she wanted to come home. Caitlynn doesn't complain about sickness very often and I have learned from past experience that if it hurts bad enough for her to cry or go to the nurse, then she really doesn't feel good. Needless to say the bus driver knows this all too well also, for it took me a few mornings before this accured to me. After some children's ibruprofen, she felt fine for most of the afternoon.

No comments: