So, I had this wonderful idea when Caitlynn finished her homework to go 1/2 mile up the road to Blockbuster to see if they had Smallville to rent. And since Publix was in the same shopping center I decided I needed bread also. So off we went...three kids and myself with three umbrellas in tow. We got everyone in the truck and when we got to Blockbuster and I got out to get Allaunna I realized the seatbelt had not gotten put on her infant seat...AAAAHHHHH!!!!(I usually put it across her and have Caitlynn buckle it, but I was trying to get out of the rain too quickly.) So, as we walk into Blockbuster-Daniel can't get his umbrella open for the two foot walk across the sidewalk...the world is ending. He's still whining about it as he walks through the door still trying to open it. I tell them both I am not renting them a movie, I am only looking for Smallville. Then the "mom, look what I found, can we get it?" starts. I can't find what I want so I ask the two guys at the desk. No luck, Blockbuster doesn't carry it in their stores. Ok, the kids want to WALK to Publix, so I get the stroller and we all have our umbrellas. Walk is going good, the kids love being in the rain. We walk into Publix as I tell Daniel, "we are not getting a car cart, we are only here for bread!" A lady at a table cooking food offers a sample...ok, I'll try some duck...the kids have never had duck! I give my unpatient Caitlynn my piece as the lady is getting another piece for Daniel and myself. Caitlynn "loves duck!" As the lady gets the third piece I guess she didn't see me give my piece to Caitlynn and places the third piece in front of her. As I reach over to get the perfect piece of duck...Caitlynn flings it off my fork with her fork because...well, I don't know why but before I can get any words out of my mouth I see the piece of duck fly into hers!! Ok now I'm mad, "CAITTTLLLYYNNN!!!" The lady is kind enough to give one more piece, thanks lady for giving me a big piece of duck FAT!!! So, on to bread, no Caitlynn wants to buy duck now. So I spend 10 seconds telling the kids to put it back as they each have to pick up a box of duck. We get to the bread, wow, so many choices. Daniel says,"Mommy, that man is in the army!" "No, son, I think he is Air Force, Daddy wears a different looking uniform." Daniel, "Are you in the Army?" "No, I am in the Air Force", says the man. "Mom, you were right!" Well, that happens, sometimes!! So, we got bread, we are finally in line. "Mom, I've always wanted this kind of candy!", says Daniel. Well, keep wantin' son, I'm only here for bread. I try to control my head as I just want to get out of the store. "Put the magazine back, Caitlynn!" Ok, be nice to the bagger man and the check out man. Done, off to the truck. Why did the kids bring umbrellas...just to have them open and swinging beside them as they walk through the drips of the building! This idea was so great. Ok, Allaunna in the truck, thanks Daniel for bringing me the stroller from the sidewalk. Stroller in...kids in. Let's get home! Give Caitlynn the keys to open the front door. It's not open when I get there, but she tries. Both kids in the corner...Daniel thinks it's funny, so off to your room. Caitlynn go let the dogs out of the bathroom, she starts writing a note (she always does when she's gotten in trouble.) Daniel learns to stand in the corner like he's supposed to. Caitlynn takes Allaunna...they look so cute sitting together on the couch:) I think I have calmed down now...blogging has helped. Allaunna's in her swing, screaming while I try to talk to Vic on the phone, which I can't here him because he likes to have the windows down in the car while he drives and talks on the phone (wait...it's raining today...weirdo). Allaunna is still screaming...wait Caitlynn picked her up. Now, I'm off the phone, Allaunna is swinging contently now, wait Daniel and Caitlynn are fighting over cars, Caitlynn has accidently kicked Daniel in the face while getting onto the couch. Caitlynn is going to have a nervous breakdown from getting into more trouble. "Ok, both of you here in front of me, stop fighting, share, say you're sorry, give hugs!" As I push them together we wind up in a group hug and all start laughing, it's gonna be ok. Allaunna is still screaming so, I will be a good mom and rock her till she falls asleep for evening nap. Whew! Will the day ever end! Oh, and this is the first day it's rained in like a month!!
Caitlynn's sweet letter:
Dear Mom,
I'm sorry I acted that way. I did'nt mean to. I hope you forgive me. Would you forgive me? Can you come to lunch on Friday? I am doing realy good in school. Writing is starting to be realy fun. I Love you. I like how you do your hair. When is daddy going to be home? I hope Aurora is going to be pregnet and have puppies. Alluanna is realy pretty and silly.
Love,
Caitlynn
P.S. Your the best!
I forgive her, hence the group hug...I probably won't go to lunch on Friday (I'm going on a field trip with her next week)...she is doing really well in school...I'm glad she enjoys writing now...my hair looks like crap 'cause I am still wet from our trip and not fixing the ponytail it is in...daddy won't be home 'til after bedtime...I don't really hope that Aurora gets pregnant...Alluanna is pretty (but of course, I'm bias towards my own kids!)and can be silly...and I don't know if I'm the best, but I'll try!
Wow, moments we really love our children and their Heavenly dispositions!! If only we could learn to be as humble as them in our adult minds! I'm working on that from the examples of my children:)
10 months ago









4 comments:
It feels great to vent no doubt! What an adventure and in the rain nonetheless! Aren't you just the daring type... :c)Great family pictures, they are very cute and Caitlyn is looking like she is Miss Thang with her knee out and her hand on her hip. How cute! Persevere and endure, the Lord will help us.
I changed URL's finally!
http://togetherisenough.blogspot.com/
I'm sorry it is at your expense, but you had me laughing several times in that post! Good for you for being able to turn a frustrating experience into a funny one! :)
aren't kids the greatest! what would life be like without them......lame and boring!
Post a Comment