18 October 2008

Another good weekend...

Friday the kids had no school, teacher workday. So I was trusting enough to let Caitlynn look after Allaunna while I died my hair. She is a great big sister, although she has her limits and suggests to mom that "Allaunna is getting heavy" or "She's gettin' kinda fussy here, mom"! Gotta love it.
We also went costume shopping. Caitlynn is Hannah Montana and Daniel is a Teenage Mutant Turtle-Rapheal(sp?). Allaunna is a ladybug that I've had forever!
We came home and my mom was most kind to watch our kids AGAIN! Vic and I were able to go to dinner with some friends and then go to a haunted house. Although, soon after finishing my wonderful steak, my mom called. I can hear Allaunna screaming her lungs out in the background. My mom explains to me that she's been that way for a while and I suggest putting her in a swing, but if that doesn't work we could come get her. PHEW! It worked. She gets really cranky about 9 or 10 pm because she gets really tired (and I think her gums are hurting). But my mom, bless her, got her to go to sleep. So, we enjoyed our trip through a double haunted house, the Netherworld near Atlanta. I have to say the shorter one wasn't that awesome, but the second was a way better experience. Ok, yeah I got spooked by all the people jumping out at me and getting in my face. We passed by this concrete angel with some other statues around it and as Vic is saying, "One of these has to be real." The angel leaned toward us. It was the coolest thing. She played the part perfectly, we really thought it was fake! The night was a lot of fun. Especially for me who doesn't get out as often.
I've been out a lot lately, so thanks mom!
This morning I got up early, cleaned the house a little and watched a movie, "Neverwas", on my computer. The kids were watching "Fox and the Hound" on the TV. Vic had to go to work, but then he called about an hour after getting to work and said he got off. So, we carved pumpkins, watched a little tv, went to a hoe down at the American Legion, and then went Trunk or Treating at the church. Needless to say I'm exhausted. But I'm still up, crazy me. Well, not for long...I'll put picks up tomorrow or Monday.

No comments: