19 December 2008

Sleeping in...

So, earlier this week I was really frustrated one morning and after finally letting Allaunna cry herself to sleep for her morning nap...I crawled back in bed and told Vic that HE was getting up with ALL the children the next day and I was sleeping in. He hollered at me the next day for not waking him up to get the kids ready, although I hadn't remembered saying the previous to him because I had been so tired when I said it. So, this morning, I woke him up at 6am (after being up for an hour(5am) with Allaunna and getting her back to sleep). Although, I'm not so sure what the point of sleeping in IS if you have to wake up to wake up the person allowing you to sleep in?! HMMM, think on that one.
So, he got up(6am) and woke up Caitlynn and Daniel for school and headed downstairs. I begin to fall back to sleep when I hear, "It's gonna be a bright, bright, bright sunny shiny day!!!" blaring from his phone in the kitchen! Mind you, I can hear it all the way upstairs in bed! Then it's," OOOHHHH, Aurora" PAT! PAT! PAT! on the sides of the dog to say good morning, which again is coming through the walls, floors, blanket, into my ears. So, I lay there thinking about all the things I think he's going to forget. (He actually did very well!)I finally get up to get Daniel an extra pair of pjs in case he gets too hot on pajama day wearing his feetie pjs. It's like 70 degrees today!! So, I go downstairs and Vic yells at me for being up. So, I yell at him back for making so much noise!
As we both sit there watching Daniel try to put his shoes on. He unzips his pjs for us to notice his socks are awfully thick! We ask how many pairs he has on and he begins to peel them off of his feet. (I had noticed two days ago that he had two pairs of socks on and asked him why. He just shrugged his shoulders and I assumed he realized that was not something he should do. I figured he realized that one pair at a time was enough.) As he took off the third pair I asked him, "Did you not take off any of your socks all week?!". Apparently so, because he told us he had been too lazy to take them off and just put his clean pair over his old pair!!!!! Wow, kids do the darnedest things.
So, then Vic makes Caitlynn take me back to bed before they get on the bus. Ok, trying to sleep now. Vic got a few minutes in between the kids leaving and Allaunna waking up (I think) to come to bed and snuggle with me.
Back to sleep. I might have gotten an hours worth of sleep, then I wake up to baby Allaunna in my face with bottle in tow. So, I get baby crawling all over me for at least 30 minutes and he finally takes her down stairs after I lifted her off me and onto him (to say, "I THOUGHT I WAS SLEEPING IN!"). I think I might have gotten another hours sleep before they returned and I gave up on sleeping in! He couldn't get Allaunna to take her morning nap, so I told him to try and let her cry it out.
Which eventually she was picked up and didn't go to sleep until I put her in the car to go to another school holiday party. So, the next time I am nice enough to wake up and LEAVE THE ROOM to allow my husband to sleep 'til noon, I will recall this "Morning to sleep in" and I will remember to be LOUD and return continuously with baby in tow!!! I do give him props for trying though! I love you honey!! Of course my story is going to be totally wrong in his eyes, so his version may come later!

1 comment:

The Tall Girl Cooks said...

Gee, your husband sounds like mine! Apparently they don't realize they sound like elephants stomping around the house, slamming drawers and stuff. But we are expected to be SO GRATEFUL. Whatever.