01 December 2008

Catch up...

(Tuesday-25) Vic's surgery went really well. As soon as we got to the hospital they began to prep him. I sat around the ER room for almost three hours waiting for him to be wheeled back in to go home. When they did bring him in, he was talking up a storm to the nurses. They gave him some vicodin and he was in and out sleeping for another hour, so we waited to be checked out. He was starving when his head finally stopped swimming and he was ready to leave the hospital. So, we went straight to Burger King. He finally got home and was able to relax for a while.

We decided to go to Tennessee to visit Grandma Connie for Thanksgiving. Vic even dared himself to drive all the way there. He really doesn't know how to take things easy. It was our first long trip with Allaunna and she did very well. I might have packed too light for her though. We decided to do some shopping Friday afternoon and we had forgetten her stroller!! Luckily Kohl's was in the mall and had the perfect cart for us to put her infant seat on. We did find some pretty good buys...pillows, 800 count sheets, some shirts for mom and boots for Caitlynn! Many more deals were seen, but oh so little money and time!
Connie made a lovely Thanksgiving meal, delicous! And the cousins had a great time playing together all week. We traveled back Saturday afternoon, although Vic thought it a good idea to stop in Pigeon Forge for a deal we heard about on the radio (but never found the store). So, we wound up with 3 Lbs of Fudge from the outlet store adventure we took. Midnight we finally got home and got everyone towards bed, the kids slept most of the trip and weren't tired. Daniel stayed up past 3am! That never happens!

Caitlynn is preparing for her bowling birthday party, so I let her go to Target and make a wish list. She had a blast "scanning" all the great things she wanted. "If nobody gets me that cupcake maker, I am going to be so mad!", she says. We explained to her that even though she scanned it doesn't make it a for sure thing that she will get it. She seemed to comprehend that ok.

We also discovered that Caitlynn knows pig latin. (Thanks to her confession to Grandma Connie and later to mom!) Apparently her friends on the bus were nice enough to explain it to her. "You and dad are running out of languages. I can spell, and now I know pig latin. You guys are going to have to try talking in Spanish!", she tells me. Too bad mom doesn't know ANY spanish! Muy Bueneo!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I'm glad Vic's surgery went well and that you guys had a nice Thanksgiving! Caitlynn's Spanish comment cracks me up. Everytime I spell something to Billy when I'm trying to hide something from Tyler, I think of you...at least I have pig latin to fall back on once he can figure out what I'm spelling! :)