02 September 2008

Dad's new toy...

Saturday night, after a wonderful BBQ at my brother's, we set off for the southern tip of Florida. After a ten hour drive we were there long enough for Vic to test drive a custom 1984 Harley Davidson superglide, hand over some dough, and leave for Georgia again. Him on his new toy and the kids and I following nervously in the car. We were going to stop off at one of his friends in Tampa to enable us to visit the beach, but we got lost. We still got to visit some family friends just north of Tampa, who had a pool and were gracious enough to allow the kids to swim for a few minutes. Hurricane Gustav had ruined our beach plans anyway. Daniel had a blast because our friends had a black lab that he got to swim with.
Luckily the rain held off for most of our trip. We hit some light stuff, but nothing too heavy. We got just outside of Macon (77 miles from home) at about 5:45 am Monday morning and we were both too exhausted to continue. So, for the safety of ourselves and our family, we chose to sleep in the car at a truck stop until we woke upat about 9 am. Luckily the children cooperated and slept too. When we woke Daniel was happy to inform us..."Mom, I woke up and noticed a McDonald's roof over some trucks over there! I'm hungry!" We had to wait until dad woke up, but we found that McDonald's!
Allaunna did wonderfully on the trip. She screams every time I put her in her car seat now though. We will never do a turn around trip like that again. So, we arrived at home at last around noon yesterday (Monday).
Vic is already looking into how much he can change on the bike to fit his style and needs. What have I agreed to!!!!
I finally bought a Harley Davidson cap though. As many Harley shops we have visited, Vic would never let me buy anything because we didn't own one. So, he owns one, I'm buying stuff now.
The kids went back to school today after the Labor Day holiday. Vic got a day to recover and goes back to work tomorrow. I feel like I'm never going to recover from that trip.
So, our adventures continue as we keep up our spontaneity. (pics to come later)

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

LOL..that's insane. I laughed when you wrote that you don't feel like you'll ever recover from that trip. I don't think I would even entertain the thought of doing it. Kudos to you for doing it though.

Wendy said...

Man, I'm thinking that trip was as crazy as Vanessa painting her house alone with two kids! Daniel's comment about McDonald's CRACKS me up!! haha I'm glad you guys made it back in one piece! Good luck with having a husband with a motorcycle...I know that stress all too well. I would worry and pray every day Billy drove his. I'm so glad he got his company van and doesn't have to drive his motorcycle on a consistant basis anymore!