06 September 2008

Adventures of a bike...



So, we got Vic's bike home on Monday. Tuesday we took it to the Harley Dealership to get the chain on the chain drive tightened and some other things the dealership found to repair. As we were on the way to the dealership because of the massive amout of vibration from the older style Harley's one of the mirrors shook loose. As I'm following behind him I see the mirror fly off, not knowing it's the mirror, I slam my brakes a bit thinking it might be something "important" I may have to turn around for. But as I see the mirror flying across two lanes of traffic and the paniced driver behind me, I move on. So, of course, he had to buy a new set of mirrors too while we were there.


Wednesday, he rode it to work and the clutch cable broke. He called the insurance company and they towed him to the nearest Harley Dealership (luckily it was close). They repaired it and he was on his way again, very late to work. Then that night (Wednesday) as he was on his way home from work the spark plug wires wouldn't stay on th plugs and he lost power to his bike. Luckily one of his friends from work was kind enough to help him out cause his wife was being no help at all (story not worth telling at this time). They drove to the Harley dealership, which of course was closed at 9pm at night with noooooo one around. Somehow, after some help from his friend, a cop and a whole lotta luck, he was able to push start the bike and get it home. At home he came in, grabbed a pepsi and preceded to re-enter the garage. Then he began to dismantle the bike.
So, now we are at the point of dismantle and put back together, eventually. He found himself a manual and hopefully the winter will be filled with exciting stories of how the bike is coming along.




I know this will be a good release for him though. It can hopefully be his stress reliever from the crappy duties of recruiting, if you can call them real duties. Oh, how he misses the infantry!

No comments: