The children's school is currently having their bookfair, which I have volunteered to help at. I was there Monday and offered to also help yesterday. Allaunna was center stage the entire time I was there. Yesterday however, I was about to wrap up my time in the Media center, when my cell rang. I glanced at the i.d. wondering why the school was calling me when I was already there. The nurse introduced herself over the phone and my first thought was, "Oh great, one of the kids got sick." I informed her that I was in the media center if I was needed...she said, "Well you might want to come down to the nurses station, Daniel has been hit in the head with a rock while he was on the playground." My first thought was to freak out, thinking the worst. Then I calmed down, gathered up Allaunna and headed to the nurses office. As I turned into the office, there was Daniel, sitting in a chair with a ziplock bag of ice, wrapped with a paper towel, up against his left temple. As he removed the bag of ice, I slightly cringed at the sight of a small amount of blood coming from the round scrap on the side of his head. He had calmed down, but I could see his wet face starting to well up again. With a hug and "Do you want to go ahead and come home with mommy?" he was already looking better. So, they intercommed Caitlynn to let her know that Daniel would not be on the bus, so she wouldn't freak out. On the way home I had to stop by the store to get some bread (luckily my kids are the last to get off the bus, so I always have plenty of time to make it home before they do). Daniel still had his bag of ice to his head and when the cashier asked what had happened his reply..."I have a huge hole in my head!!" Then mommy explained and the wound was revealed. I have a picture on here, but it was taken today after school... it looked much worse yesterday as it was bleeding most of the afternoon.
10 months ago









No comments:
Post a Comment