27 August 2008

The first real laugh...

Daniel was being very silly in front of Allaunna yesterday and she began to LAUGH. It was so cute, although Caitlynn was holding her and everytime Caitlynn moved with her, she would stop laughing. Caitlynn is a wonderful older sister, she even enjoys changing Allaunna's diaper (even the really poopy ones). Although, I get really annoyed as a mother when Caitlynn picks her up when she is perfectly happy and then decides she doesn't want to hold her anymore and Allaunna begins to scream when she is put down again. She's kind of an Allaunna hog, because when Daniel wants to hold her she continuously tells him to hold on...he just gets tired of waiting and finds something else to do.
Speaking of Daniel, he continues to have behavior troubles at school. Yesterday, he came home all excited that he was on green (which mom mistook for blue on the behavior scale:Blue-the best, Green, Yellow, Red-you get sent to the office). So, after my excitement changed to "oh, wait, what did you do?!" He quietly admitted that he was whistling in PE when the teachers wanted the class to listen. He is in a mind set of "I can do what I want, whenever I want" and that is causing a real problem at school and at home. We are hoping that the structure of kindergarten will help him in learning to listen to adults. He is definitely going to be a life long challenge for me.
Caitlynn is doing wonderfully in school, as long as her friend at lunch isn't putting her food in Caitlynn's lunch box. (Her friend thinks Caitlynn needs to take corn home.) I didn't believe her until she opened her lunch box and was taking out pieces of corn.

We have been grateful for the rain we received from TS Fay, although our thoughts are with those who suffered a lot of flooding. The creek down the hill from our house was almost over it's banks. It was cool to watch it flowing so briskly, however I was very clear to the children to stay back because it may look cool, but it is very dangerous. My nerves were up the entire time they were throwing the biggest sticks they could find to float down the "river". It's my fault, as I have this weird obsession with flowing water. It just seems so mystical and adventurous to me. I love sitting and listening to flowing water. Well, the baby is beginning to wake once more!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Cute video. I love it when they start laughing. Be thankful you DO have a big helper no matter if it's TOO helpful sometimes.