10 March 2010

And life goes on...

So, Vic is finally getting into a work schedule. His unit came home this week from training in Wyoming, so he is to get his final position of where he will be at work today! YEAH! He is currently taking classes to welcome him to Fort Polk. Pretty much it's death by Power Point! He has already jumped into 24 hour duties, having overnight watch (Staff Duty) three times over a two week period. I've been kind enough to let him sleep most of the following day:)

Caitlynn and Daniel are doing pretty well in school here, despite the C's and D's they sometimes bring home on papers. They are both A students! We are still waiting for the baseball season to start, hopefully next week. Caitlynn will have to play on a team with boys; we will see how that goes!
Allaunna and I hang out at home for the most part. I just recently signed up for a university course through BYU to enable me to eventually get my bachelors. I'm starting very slowly. The class is History: Antiquities to the 1500's. I have already begun to read the "Epic of Gilgamesh" and am currently waiting on my text book in the mail. Wish me luck everyone!
The biggest news is that Vic has traded his old '84 shovelhead Harley for a 2010 Dyna Wide Glide!! He can now get right on it and ride, instead of playing with it for day before he can get it started! He is missing his precious old school bike, but he is getting used to his new toy quickly. Now just to take the refresher course to be able to ride on post! Which he just found out about thanks to those welcome classes he's taking. He's not thrilled he has to do it on a bike he's not quite used to yet. Guess that is a cause for more practice?! Atleast, it's getting warmer out!

1 comment:

The Tall Girl Cooks said...

I'm glad things are settling down for you guys. I don't know how you can stand it with the school. I'd probably be raising hell every other day - and by so doing not helping my child in any way...

I LOVE the history class you are taking; that's my thing. Good luck!