Well, I spoke too soon on my last blog. Daniel came home the second day of school with four bad behavior marks in his info folder from school. I guess my hopes of getting through the first week with no issues is crushed. I went in and talked to his teacher this morning, so we could be on the same level of what discipline ideas would work with him. Hopefully he will fall into the routine of things and the entire family will be able to survive his school years. He just wants to do what he wants to do when he wants to do it. And his defiance to adult figures is totally out of hand, but with dad (the only true effective displinary) not home very often (the kids are usually well asleep before he gets home), it is very difficult for me to give him the attention and time that he needs.
Caitlynn is doing wonderfully this week. She has made new friends and loves her teacher.
Allaunna is growing like a little weed. She is now 13 pounds 12 ounces. At 2 1/2 months, she is eating really well and is now smiling, laughing, cooing, and rolling from her back to stomach on both sides! What a joy and blessing all of my children bring.
Vic and I have been on a Smallville marathon all summer. We loved watching the show together and then he was deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan and he missed like three seasons, so we didn't watch it for a while. Thank goodness for TV on DVD. We have netflix, so we've gone through three seasons of Smallville this summer and will be caught up by the end of the present season starting this fall. Vic stays up most of the night watching them, I usually don't last as long. He never gets much sleep between working and home. The recruiting world has no mercy as far as long hours go. He might as well be deployed. However, I am very grateful he is not in harms way for the time being. I pray for all of our friends who are!
Well, I really need to clean my house while Allaunna naps!
2 days ago









2 comments:
For some reason I thought Vic had gotten out of the army! Are you guys in it for the long haul? good luck with school. . .I truly worry about how Carter will be when he starts school, because like Daniel, he just does what he wants to do when he wants to do it. so glad I can keep up with you.
Great job getting your blog up and running! I'm still exploring the options and things you can do with it. I'll be switching soon to our other blog soon.
Post a Comment