22 May 2013

Healings and waiting for summer....

Daniel has healed well from the infection in his leg and has returned to baseball!  He is so happy to be back at it, but he is unfortunately behind in how much practice he has had.  His team is doing rather well this season and has only lost one game!

Everyone is getting excited about the summer and being out of school!  We hope to spend some time at the lake this summer!  Caitlynn will be able to attend her first girl's camp with the church young women this year.  I can't believe she is growing so fast!!  Seems like last week that I was setting up tents with my mom, preparing for my own first girl's camp!  (Unfortunately I came down with the chicken pox and had to leave a night early).  I am so excited for her to get this experience and am sad I won't be there to experience it with her.  I know she will have a blast!

Vic is doing well!  I was made aware of the many sacrifices he makes while away.  Not only is he in a war zone, but the simple things as not having fresh fruit came to my attention!  As we were able to video chat I was snacking on some blueberries and he expressed how he missed fresh fruit and hates orange slices, for that is the only fresh fruit that stays good in shipment and the heat, I guess.  It really made me ponder on how many things we just take for granted.  I know many people have their own gardens and are very self sufficient, however, I have gotten used to just rushing to the grocery store for anything I might need.  Vic sacrifices so much for us and I can't be more proud of what he does.  He does his job without complaint, (I mean we all of have bad days, but he never actually complains) he really loves what he does, minus the paper work (which there seems to be a lot of I guess).  Who likes paperwork?  I mean for him it's probably like kids school registration paper work on steroids!!  Ok, bad relation, but anyway!  He's well and we get to communicate with him often.  So thankful for all he does!!

I hope everyone has a very safe Memorial Day!!  Thank a Veteran this weekend and Never Forget the sacrifices made in previous and present wars and conflicts to secure our freedoms today!!

No comments: