13 February 2009

Still trying to use my time wisely, or not so much...

Ok, I'm getting really bad at this whole blog thing. I've even slacked on taking cute pictures by the hundreds of my kids, especially Allaunna. So, hopefully I will work on that more. I am still trying to get Allaunna on a regular schedule and now with the kids having the entire week off next week, I will continue to try.
I received a phone call from the school principal on Wednesday afternoon. Our lovely son had snuck two squirt guns in his pockets to school that day and the teacher saw them. So of course, him and his neon green and neon pink squirt guns had to go to the principles office. The principal felt kind of bad because Daniel had almost a nervous breakdown in her office. She said it took a little while to calm him down, but they got him to go back to his class. You think he learned his lesson? Probably not, however, I was hoping to get to atleast middle school before I had the principal calling me over something Daniel has done. Oh, well. So, mom and dad both had another talk with him about guns (he had already had the "gun at school" discussion with the principal). We don't allow any "real" looking guns in our house and squirt guns are about as much as they get and the occasional stick that just makes the perfect weapon. We are very cautious of our kids knowing the dangers of guns and will be teaching them how to use them properly. Anyway, that hurdle crossed...
Vic continues to have his bad days with his Harley...he went to work one day and on his way home...he ran out of gas and one of his exhaust pipe came loose from the engine and a few other things happened. Needless to say he was in a foul mood when he finally arrived home. Then last Saturday on his way to work, his right footpeg fell off while he was riding to work. Now, today, someone tore off his license plate...holder, brake light, metal and all. Desperate?! So, once again I just sit at home and shake my head.
I finally got my guitar restrung and am excited to once again try to learn to play. I am pathetic and have the "Guitar for Dummies" book. So, maybe I'll find time for that.
Allaunna is cute as ever. She is cruising the furniture very well. She can even crawl completely over mom with no issues. She really keeps me on my toes. Most of the time she wakes up about 4am for a couple of hours and then goes back to sleep until about 8:30am. I'm usually exhausted so I close her bedroom door and lay across the floor to block her from the other half of her room that is still "the office" and try to cat nap. Apparently I didn't not close the door good yesterday morning and I woke up to no child and the door open. My heart dropped because right around the corner from her room is the STAIRS!!! I woke up because I heard "talking" (baby style) coming from a distance. I jumped up and could not find her, then she "talked again" and there she was in the bathroom floor (the door mostly closed). The floor looking like a hair band bomb had gone off. She was kind of upset that I ruined her fun. So, my first big scare has already happened. Now the door is checked five times for every situation of fingers being able to open it. I am a good mom!? I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for protecting my children when I drop the ball.

1 comment:

Carlia said...

You are an awesome mom Marion! And Allauna seems to be a little princess already having gotten into the hair accesories rather than the cleaning suppllies or something else.