03 November 2008

Busy times...

Friday, Vic was able to get off work a bit early and surprise the kids with a visit to their school. All the kids were mesmerized with the soldier walking around. I think it's so funny when they ask, "Are you a soldier?"


Anyway, I was able to get my payday shopping done without any kids thanks to him being home. He's such a good dad and husband.


We got the kids dressed up and went to the neighborhood up the road since ours is only one street. The kids were runnin all over the place. They got a pretty good stash of candy!



Saturday, Vic had invited two sets of missionaries and another couple over for country style ribs. Vic had to do the color guard ceremony at the Georgia Tech game so he didn't plan on being home until closer to 5pm. When everyone was supposed to show up. Fortunately he was able to head home closer to 3:30 and arrived home still around 5pm. So, the reason...His friend that he had invited gave the great idea that we should buy Rock Band 2 for our Xbox 360 so that we had something to do after the missionaries left. Well, I had told Vic that I wanted something on the level of Guitar Hero, but I get too stressed out when I play video games so I had told him not to buy it right away. So, now I had an excuse and peer pressure behind this decision. So, he came home around 5pm with Rock Band 2 in tow! So, we started a band! Can you just see Vic and I rockin' out?!! So, lucky enough we have four instruments, works out perfect for us and the couple we started our band with. Our friend Brian beats on the drums, his girlfriend (Randi) jams the bass guitar, Vic rocks the regular guitar, and of course, I got the singing gig! I think we do rather well. Our tour is going great and we are rockin' almost 1/2 million fans! Of course all this goes on during the weekends after the kids go to bed! Wow, are we pathetic!



Anyway, so we are practicing our primary program at church that has had the date moved at least four times. Mostly because our building was not finished being expanded. We finally met in it Sunday and it looks great. Although it took a while to get the AC rockin' in the primary room crammed with kids! So, I sang ALL weekend between the primary program and the "band". Which our friends returned to continue the tour Sunday night!



So, Daniel has a new incentive to have good behavior in school, ROCK BAND!! He has been doing so well though. We are starting week four with no issues!! He did come home today and was able to play the video game, so we will hope that the week continues to be good!

No comments: