14 November 2008

Memory is going...

I don't remember what all has been happening since my last post. We have been busy here and there and Allaunna is teething so I never get any time to do anything.

Vic and I did attend a wonderful dinner through the invitation of a friend. Her company was hosting a golf tournament to help out Vets and she invited us to go to the gala dinner. It was fun dressing up, but we learned how branches of the military don't mix well. My husband especially let's his infantry ego come WAY out! Anyway, it was a fun night. Pics to come later.

I was watching parts of the CMA (Country Music Awards) the other night and a thought came to me. Trace Adkins was singing his song "You're gonna miss this" and flashes of my children's past, present, and future went through my mind. I thought of how I need to enjoy each day with them more, cause one day they will be old like me (and I will be older!!!) AAHHHHH! So, I'm going to work on enjoying my time with them, instead of being disappointed so much.

Today, being the only day of the last two weeks to be raining, I thought it would be a great time to go shopping with three kids. Go figure. Luckily it was more mist and fog once I actually got to the store. All went well, no major issues, except the constant bickering coming from the back seat over a toy and the major breakdown Daniel had when I threatened him with going to bed after dinner if he didn't stop fighting with his sister. Oh, children!

Last, but not least, Vic will be having minor surgery on the 25th for two hernias in his abdomen. He has pre-op on the 20th, so we'll know more then. But keep him in your thoughts and prayers. It's been heck just trying to get through the web of military health care to see a doc here in the recruiting world, so now the ball is rolling, finally.

Hopefully, I won't go so long between posts and I'll try to get more pics of the kids up!

No comments: