The face of boredom in transit!!So, here we are again after a long break.....deployment! Vic has been visiting the wonderful country of Afghanistan the last month or so and will be enjoying the mountain views for the next year. We are so proud as a family of our soldier! He is doing well and is able to communicate with us frequently. I am so very grateful for technology! Except when it's on the fritz of course. I just keep thinking how hard it would have been to be a military wife during earlier wars with no internet and having to rely mostly on snail mail to communicate with a loved one. I have so much admiration for the spouses that endured those times!!
The children are handling the deployment rather well. They have their moments and try to get away with a lot more, but I try my best to nip it all in the bud. And dad's voice can still carry a tone over the phone and skype!
We are all doing well and settling into our roles, separated by the miles, but close at heart! We hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Have a wonderful Christmas filled with the Love of Christ and here is to a Happy New Year filled with many blessings!









1 comment:
Marion I think about you often and really admire your strength. I will be thinking of you and your family over the holidays and pray for Vic and all the other soldiers while he is deployed!
Love ya and hope you have a great Christmas! :)
Post a Comment