Vic is on vacation for two weeks and he gave me full reign over planning a trip for the family to take...so I took the reigns!! We went to San Antonio and had a wonderful time! We spent our first day downtown visiting the Alamo and taking a cruise on the river near the river walk. The Alamo was cool since I myself love history. Daniel found the displays of the battle fascinating...."Mom, look isn't that funny...the Mexican, the blue one's are Mexican right?, is being pushed off the ladder! (laugh)". This is where I inserted seriousness into his mind of the battle that took place there and how many sacrificed their lives on both sides for the very land we were standing on! As I walked away from him, he stared at the display in a different way, quietly contemplating his new thought process I'm sure. 
We then when on a river cruise and had a wonderful tour guide!! Tour guide: "If you find yourself in the water and can not swim...do not worry! Just put your feet down and stand up for the water is only 4 feet deep...sorry for any of you who are shorter than that!" He also thought it would be funny to see someone walking along the river to fall in since the sidewalk was literally right at the river under most bridges with a narrow walk way! He made the tour very fun and was very informative about the city around the river. My favorite fact was that of the Hilton hotel built adjacent to the Alamo. It had a height restriction due to the fact that they did not want a shadow cast on the Alamo at any time! Thought that was cool! 
After we enjoyed down town San Antonio, we traveled to the Natural Bridge Caverns where Vic tried sweet talking his way into a great discount and failed:( The woman at the counter made a point to come out to an outer counter from the ticket booth to tell me that my husband is a sweet talker and that he is also very awnry!!!! Ummmm, Yeah, note taken, but new that!!! I try to ignore it...it's better that way!! I do have to say he is most successful with his sweet talking ways...needless to say I'm still married to the man 10 years later:)
*Just a note...I had to finally research the word "awnry" and found out from urbandictionary.com that it is a common mispelling of the word ornery...pretty much people use it to describe a stubborn person!!! Why can't we just say stubborn?! Anyway!
We really enjoyed walking through the caves, although I insisted the kids and I change into jeans because I thought it would be chilly down there....nope! I was sweating by the time we exited into the Texas heat!!! Atleast I had a good call and bringing along everyone's tennis shoes!!
I was also introduced to Marie Callender's pie on our way back to our hotel...where Vic successfully sweet talked his way into two free slices of pie and a free scoop of ice cream (these things happen when I'm not around, since I had walked the kids out to the truck while he paid the bill)! Needless to say we returned to the hotel with two almost complete pies!
*Just a note...I had to finally research the word "awnry" and found out from urbandictionary.com that it is a common mispelling of the word ornery...pretty much people use it to describe a stubborn person!!! Why can't we just say stubborn?! Anyway!
We really enjoyed walking through the caves, although I insisted the kids and I change into jeans because I thought it would be chilly down there....nope! I was sweating by the time we exited into the Texas heat!!! Atleast I had a good call and bringing along everyone's tennis shoes!!
I was also introduced to Marie Callender's pie on our way back to our hotel...where Vic successfully sweet talked his way into two free slices of pie and a free scoop of ice cream (these things happen when I'm not around, since I had walked the kids out to the truck while he paid the bill)! Needless to say we returned to the hotel with two almost complete pies!
We had a wonderful time! Allaunna loved seeing all the "fissies" and the "wale"!! Although there was a 10 minute period of hysterical crying from the little one, as she did not want to sit in the stroller...she wound up pushing it all over the park!!! The diaper bag got a free ride all day!!!
The Shamu show was very fascinating for all of us! We sat in the splash zone and felt we were free and clear when the whale splashed by once and missed us completely! Then on the second pass...we had no warning...SPLASH, SPLASH, SPLASH!!!!!!! Three times in a row and Allaunna freaked out!!! She was ok after the water stopped hitting her in the face though....what a trooper!! The whale was that fascinating to her! We enjoyed a few more shows and Daniel rode one of the bigger rollar coasters with me after lunch! (Caitlynn and Daniel rode the children's coaster before lunch and it made Caitlynn sick, which thankfully she made it to the bathroom! But she only rode the log type ride afterwards and she was ok with that.) The one thing I did not get a picture of, that I wish I had, was Allaunna on the log ride with her daddy and Daniel. She loved going "WEEEEEE" with her daddy!! She sat very still and was such a good little girl on the ride!
We then returned to the great town of Leesville (insert sarcasm) the next day!
On Thursday and Friday we enjoyed a wonderful visit from Vic's paternal grandfather and his wife! We always enjoy having three generations of Victor Hudson's in the same house!!! As a family history buff, it's a thrill for me! Allaunna had fun being swung on the swing set by great-grandpa and riding the "leg" horse provided by great-grandma! And great-grandma introduced some new fun computer games to Caitlynn and Daniel through her experience as a teacher and having her own website. We enjoyed the company....

And now we are being laid back this weekend from our busy week! So, now off to find something more lazy than blogging for me to do!!!
We then returned to the great town of Leesville (insert sarcasm) the next day!
On Thursday and Friday we enjoyed a wonderful visit from Vic's paternal grandfather and his wife! We always enjoy having three generations of Victor Hudson's in the same house!!! As a family history buff, it's a thrill for me! Allaunna had fun being swung on the swing set by great-grandpa and riding the "leg" horse provided by great-grandma! And great-grandma introduced some new fun computer games to Caitlynn and Daniel through her experience as a teacher and having her own website. We enjoyed the company....
And now we are being laid back this weekend from our busy week! So, now off to find something more lazy than blogging for me to do!!!









2 comments:
Love the pics!! Glad you guys had a fun and safe trip!
Wow, I'm tired just reading about all you guys did! Glad you got home safe and had such a great time.
Post a Comment