So, yesterday Vic and I finally got around to cleaning out the garage...completely! We started in one corner and went in a clockwise fashion around the entire garage. We found many things that we don't use and somethings we had been wanting to use but couldn't ever find. We also found a couple of boxes that had never even been opened from the last move!
The biggest treat was when daddy found a box full of wrapped Christmas presents!!!! Our loving Aunt Chanda had sent a box for Christmas and had even called to tell me it was on it's way and asked me to wrap some of the gifts that were enclosed. We received the box and I had planned to do just that, however, somehow it got put on the shelf right outside the kitchen door and those presents failed to get under the tree. My memory is not what it used to be after three kids! So I truely apologize Aunt Chanda and Uncle Mark! However, the kids were thrilled to receive Christmas in July!!!!! They loved all of it! What a treat! See what cleaning the garage gets you...happy children faces!!! It was really funny sitting in the middle of the garage watching Vic hand out Christmas to Caitlynn and Daniel! I'm sorry I don't have pictures...again, I wasn't thinking.
So, after an over flowing trash can, a truck full of goodwill, and a lot of re-arranging...the garage is very clean! And there is now plenty of room for Vic to work on his Harley!!! Yay!!! Hmmmmm!?
We also have been in the process of painting the downstairs. We have completed the dining room. The kitchen, laundry room, half bath, and hallway have some finishing touches and walls to complete. The living room has yet to be touched. It will all get done eventually. The LDS missionaries were so kind to lend a painting hand last Saturday to get us started. Thank you, thank you to them! They were rewarded with wonderful ribs for dinner! It was a fun day. Caitlynn and Daniel even helped paint!? I guess you could call it help. If writing words on the wall with paint is helpful!?
I will try to get some pics of Allaunna up soon. I have been very busy lately. She is off and walking well now. Trying to go down the stairs after knowing how to go up them for a couple months now. Scary! She says, "og" for dog, and we think she has conquered "no". AAhhhhh!
She's been saying "hi" and "mummi" and "did" for dad! She loves to talk on the "phone". It's too cute to watch her hold cell phones to her shoulder and laugh hysterically! I'll have to try and get a video.
We hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable July 4th! Thank you so much to our US Military for all they do for us to enjoy our freedoms! We think of those from the past who fought for this nation to be free! We remember those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice! We salute you this day!!
10 months ago









1 comment:
You shoulda taken before and after photos of the garage. And the Christmas presents is HILARIOUS! Doesn't having kids make you feel like a friggin idiot sometimes?
Post a Comment