THE SLIT IN THE NOSE!!!Allaunna was in pretty good spirits by the time we got there ( an entire 5 minute drive, thankfully)! We sat in the waiting room rather patiently for an hour and a half! When we finally got called back, the nurses looked at it and decided to get a second opinion from the doc before deciding to "super glue" it closed (my term of course!). As one of them began to clean her nose, he immediately called the doctor back in for a second look and two deep stitches and two external stitches were decided on!! The first of our children to have a serious procedure done...I always thought it would be Daniel!! The slit had cut clean through to the inside.
DANCING WITH SISSY BEFORE THE TORTURE STARTED!!
DANCING WITH SISSY BEFORE THE TORTURE STARTED!!So, they began the numbing process and poor Caitlynn and I had a really hard time listening and watching her scream as they poked her needle with a lengthy needle! I almost lost it as the doctor kept shoving it into her skin, and yes she was upset from then out...
So, I got her calmed down a little bit and they came in to do the stitches...I sent Caitlynn into the hall this time (don't know why I didn't think of it for the needle!). They wrapped her up and covered her eyes with a sheet, as I rubbed her legs and constantly talked to her, so she knew I was there. It was so hard to see her like that, but she did so very well! Finally, all 4 stitches were in and she cuddled with mommy like never before as soon as they got her unwrapped!! She calmed down very quickly, within seconds of being unwrapped, and was talking like nothing happened. The nurse getting our paperwork together offered a popsicle and she was good as gold:) I let her sleep with me, scared that she might roll around and rip the stitches out, needless to say I got very little sleep last night, worried about her. She is back to normal today, minus the big red swollen right side of her nose:(
Needless to say, Vic is in the field with no communication, so he doesn't know that his little girl has a big ooowwwiiieee! I am preparing for the, "what have you done to my kid?!!" Not my fault....lesson hopefully learned......NO RUNNING IN THE HOUSE~!!!!!!!!!!!
THE STITCHES!!!









2 comments:
Awww Marion Love the E.R visits right. What a great big sister Kaitlynn is for dancing with her...
Bless ur heart! Thats tough!! Hope she is feeling better soon!
Post a Comment